Friday, December 7, 2007

MyBrainTrainer.com Raises IQ

A few months ago, while doing some IQ research I discovered a web site which claimed it could raise IQ through specialized "brain exercises." I did more research and found a study at the University of Texas claiming that users of the site had, on average, an eight point increase in IQ. Naturally, I was a bit skeptical even after reading about the study since it seemed to be conducted using poor methodology. However, the site was only 9.95 for a three month subscription. After a few weeks of using the site I can honestly say that I feel more responsive and mentally sharper. I would highly recommend this web site to anyone who would like to feel mentally healthier.

On a side note, I have been studying for the LSAT during this time and haven't noticed a large difference in my test scores. This tells me that the LSAT has less to do with IQ then it does other abilities. However, it is most likely that people with higher IQ's develop abilities (i.e. logical reasoning, reading comprehension, etc..) more extensively because they are smarter and enjoy the complexity. I plan on writing more about the LSAT-IQ relationship later in my blog.

No comments: